Week of 12/15/19
Here’s this Week’s Sunday News from First Baptist Church:
- Youth Group, today, after worship.
- Harmony Falls Concert, tomorrow, 7 pm, Sanctuary
- Upper Room Prayer Group, Wednesday, 10:00 am.
- Adult Choir Rehearsal, Wednesday, 7 pm.
- Board of Trustees Meeting, Thursday, Dec. 19th, 7:00 pm.
- Funeral, Tom Rietz, Saturday, Dec. 21st, 2:00 pm, Ness-Sibley Funeral Home. Calling hours preceding.
- An impromptu, interactive Christmas drama-sermon during worship on Sunday, Dec. 22nd.
- Children’s Christmas Candlelight Service, Sunday, Dec. 22nd, 4 pm.
- Christmas Eve Candlelight Service, Dec. 24th, 7:00 pm.
- Child and Family Friendly Worship Service, Sunday, Dec. 29th, 10:30 am. Tina and Jose return.
Sunday School 9:30 am Sunday mornings. Class for all ages, pre-K thru adult.
Notification of announcements can be made by calling 607-387-7705 and leaving a message or by email: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. Announcements received later than Thursday of the week may not appear in the newsletter.
Help the Food Pantry
The Trumansburg Food Pantry is asking the churches in our community to provide sweet breads for the December 16th food distribution. The distribution on that day will include items for a complete holiday dinner (hams are being provided by the Salvation Army).
First Baptist is asked to contribute 13 loaves of sweet bread.
A sign-up sheet is on the bulletin board in the foyer. Please bring your bread to church on Sunday, December 15th or call Judy Robertson, 387-6488, to make arrangements for delivery of the bread.
Upcoming Christmas Programs
Put these dates on your calendars and in your planners!
- Monday, December 16th, Harmony Falls Concert, 7:00 pm, Sanctuary.
- Sunday, December 22nd, an impromptu, interactive Christmas drama-sermon, during worship. Should be fun and remind us that Jesus is the Reason for the Season.
- Sunday, December 22nd, 4:00 pm, a Special Christmas Candlelight Service for Children and Families. The Christmas story will be told from scripture in language young people will understand by characters we all know and love. We will sing carols familiar to young people, led by our Kid’s Choir. The service will be designed for active young people with age appropriate prayer and length of the service. We will conclude the service with child-safe “candle” lights. Round up all the children that they might know about the baby Jesus.
- Tuesday, December 24th, 7:00 pm, Christmas Eve Candlelight Service with scripture, carols, choir, and concluding with candlelight.
- Sunday, December 29th, 10:30 am, Child and Family Friendly morning service with puppets Jose and Tina remembering the most wonderful gift.
Bell Ringers Needed
Salvation Army Bell Ringers are needed at the Trumansburg ShurSave. We ring every day from 7am until 9pm, November 29th until December 24th. Call Judy Robertson, 387-6488 to schedule a time slot.
- January-February editions of the Upper Room Magazine are available on the table outside the Pastor’s office.
- Monday, December 16th, Harmony Falls Christmas Concert, 7:00 pm, Sanctuary.
- Sunday, December 22nd, an impromptu, interactive Christmas drama-sermon, during worship.
- Sunday, December 22nd, 4:00 pm, Special Christmas Candlelight Service for Children and Families.
- Children and Family worship service, Sunday, December 29th.
For your convenience, the church is now able to receive your contributions on-line at our secure website: www.tburgbaptist.com. Just click on “GIVING” at the top of the home page and you’ll be directed to the giving page. Follow the simple directions on the page.
People Caring about People
People Caring about People (PCaP) is a comprehensive program that includes plans for Child Protection, Sexual Harassment, Fire Evacuation, Medical Emergency, and a Violent Intruder event. We have these plans in place to protect our congregation, visitors, and staff. We have implemented these plans because we are People Caring about People.
Our vision for serving ministry is that every person in the church will find an opportunity to participate in a mission or ministry that fits her or his God-given calling, gifts, and abilities, and physical, financial, and family circumstances.