Week of 04/19/20
Here’s this Week’s Sunday News from First Baptist Church:
- Our Prayer Chain is still active. Please call or email Laura Durling 607-387-5316, firstname.lastname@example.org or Barbara Flemming 607-387-8781, LITTLEONE20C@gmail.com.
- Upper Room Prayer group, cancelled until further notice. Prayer List continues to updated and sent out to the prayer group.
- Adult Choir Rehearsal, cancelled until further notice.
- All Board Meetings are being conducted on line until further notice.
- In-Church Sunday School has been postponed until further notice.
- Weekly Sunday School lessons have been made available to all parents
- A weekly video lesson for children is available. Click here if viewing this online: LINK; or go online to our website, www.tburgbaptist.com. Click on “Kids” and watch any or all of the videos.
- A virtual Teen Sunday School is available on Sunday mornings at 10:00 am. Call or Email Judith Christiansen for details about joining: 607-873-1081, email@example.com.
An Adult Sunday School (Friday School) is being conducted by video conferencing on Friday mornings at 10:00 am. Join by ZOOM.
This week’s Scripture is: Mark 5:21-31, The Healing of the Woman with a Twelve Year Hemorrhage.
If joining by computer – Type this URL into your browser search header: https://zoom.us/j/5875000215. (If viewing this on-line, simply click on the URL).
If you don’t have ZOOM, you’ll have to download the app. The app is small, easy to download, and takes up very little room on your computer.
You may call by landline phone and join by audio but, of course, you will not have visual. Call (415) 762-9988; Follow the verbal instructions. When asked for the meeting ID, enter 5875000215 followed by #. When asked for the participant ID, enter 38 followed by # or simply press the # key.
If joining by mobile phone, you may be able to follow the instructions for a landline phone but, like landline, there will be no visual. To join the visual as well, you will have to download the Zoom app from one of the app stores (if you don’t already have it). Once downloaded to your phone, follow the instructions above for joining by computer.
Notification of announcements can be made by calling 607-387-7705 and leaving a message or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Announcements received later than Thursday of the week may not appear in the newsletter.
Like Us on Facebook
America for Christ Offering
During April, we are receiving the annual America for Christ Offering. The Mission Committee goal is $800.00. Please give generously of what you are able to give. We do not want any family to go without during this difficult time.
You can mail checks to the Church: First Baptist Church, Attn.: Financial Secretary, PO Box 686, Trumansburg, NY 14886. Please write “AFC” on the memo line.
You may also give on the website: www.tburgbaptist.com (or click on this LINK). At the top of the page, click on “GIVE” and follow the instructions. Click on the arrow in the drop-down box for “Give to:” and you will be able to indicated giving for the America for Christ Offering. This is a secure giving website.
Because of the Coronavirus, social distancing recommendations, and the state’s stay-at-home restrictions, worship services and all events are cancelled until further notice. We encourage everyone to be in daily prayer especially for those in the medical field and first responders who working on the front lines of this battle; and, for those who are working in essential services, manufacturing, and food services.
Worship Services will be provided each Sunday on this website (see “Worship Services”) and on the Church’s Facebook page. A link will also be sent to the congregation by email. You may invite others to watch.
Do you need someone to grocery shop for you and deliver groceries to you? Do you have errands to be run but can’t do it yourself? Medications to be picked up?
Let us know. We have willing volunteers who will run your errands during the coronavirus. Call 607-387-7705 and leave a message or email Pastor Dennis: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The May 2nd BBQ is postponed due to the uncertainty of the coronavirus. The event will be rescheduled. The church will hold the Doug's to Go Fish Fry event at the fairgrounds on April 23rd. That We will NOT include a bake sale. There will be a donation jar out to receive donations.
Have You Thought About It?
- Interested in being part of a Drama Sermon Ministry when we begin gather again to worship? Please let the Pastor know: email@example.com.
- Whatever we do in the church, we do for God. That means that everything is a ministry. And every ministry is important to the life of God’s church. There is no small ministry.
- On the table outside the Pastor’s Office:
- March-April editions of the Upper Room Magazine.
- Church Annual Reports.
- Church Histories.
- Other Reading Material free for the taking.
To be the Light of Christ, glowing ever brighter with the warmth of Jesus, shining into the lives of our Neighbors in Trumansburg, the Surrounding Area, and the World. (Matt. 5:14-16)
Normal Giving may not be possible during the pandemic.
But if you are able to give some of your offering, the church is able to receive your contribution on this secure website. Just click on “GIVING” at the top of the home page and you’ll be directed to the giving page. Follow the simple directions on the page.
You may also mail checks to:
Financial Secretary, FBC
8619 Green Lane Shore
Interlaken, NY 14847
People Caring about People
People Caring about People (PCaP) is a comprehensive program that includes plans for Child Protection, Sexual Harassment, Fire Evacuation, Medical Emergency, and a Violent Intruder event. We have these plans in place to protect our congregation, visitors, and staff. We have implemented these plans because we are People Caring about People.